Friday, December 11, 2015

Work Hard for God

by: Anonymous


Are you a believer working a secular job?

Are you having hard-time balancing your faith and your career?

Yes, God positioned us at places where our heavenly tasks are waiting to be accomplished but that does not guarantee us a smooth-sailing life at work.

A soul to be reached out perhaps?

A situation where God’s glory would shine through?

Pretty noble!

How about a personal challenge to mold our own character, reveal us our true colors that could eventually lead to self-realization and change!

However, testings are real. Persecution. Temptation. Friction. Pressure. Everywhere.

Here are some Young Pro battling your battles daily. 


I am working in a Japanese Company in our town. I was once assigned in a department where 24 hours round the clock of work is required and the scheduled rest days will always fall on weekdays. Needless to say, I will always apply for a leave or even render an under time duty on Sundays in order to join our Sunday service. It was a struggle, the desire to go to church and worship God is strong in me, our Japanese manager would always ask me why I need to take a leave or do an under time job, since they are Buddhist, they really won’t understand why.

He would say that I should prioritize my work, and I am not setting a good example in our work place. He would scold me or will not sign my application immediately, but this did not stop me from trying, I explained to him why is it important for me to go to church, why I need to be in there. 

I even made a deal with him to render overtime work if necessary, or when my deadline will fall on Sunday and eventually, by the grace of God, at the end of the day he will give the approval for my request. It was tough, even today. Our manager would call me on my phone to report for duty whenever they have some queries even if it is my rest day, regardless if I am at the church, or out of town. 

I just have to obey and report for work; otherwise I’ll lose my job. I am always keeping in mind that this is just a trial given to me, to test whether I’ll exchange my time with God for my work, or how much will I’ll be willing to sacrifice for the Lord, even if it means losing my job for all my absences and under time. 

Those that are written on Philippians 2:14-15 reminded me on what I should do, and it helped me adjust and kept me going without complaining.
~Dymph


At work, always repect your senior, but paano kapag mismong sila ang may mali at maangas? Every time na nasa work ako., napapansin ko na iba talaga siya pagdating sa mga nakakababa sa kanya. 

One time, while I’m editing some building plans, pumunta siya  sa akin at may pinagawa, nagdedemand siya na gawin ko yun for parts of model. I admit na baguhan pa lng ako noon kaya di ko maaasure na tama. I tried but some errors were done. 


Dahil dun nagalit at medyo tumataas na ang boses nya pagkinakausap ako imbes na turuan. Di ko maintindhan kong bakit sya ganun. I receive negative comments from him, di na ako lumaban baka mapag-initan pa ako. Kristiano kaya ako. Kaya iwas sa gulo. Nakakababa pero nagpursige ako to learn some techniqes to enhance my skills and through experience din- to innovate and prove to him na kaya ko na sa susunod. Now I realize na kung may mga ganung tao, I dont think na it's a negative situation. It turns into positive because of its purpose. 

Now nag-uusap na kami ng may paggalang sa isa’t-isa at may maayos na pakikisama. Salamat sa Diyos dahil tama ang naging attitude ko sa ganitong sitwasyon.
~Marky

Since I started working dito sa Manila, dito na rin ako nakakilala sa Lord.

But I have work even on Sundays. I am disappointed in my schedule. Since lagi ako nasa work, wala akong time makapagchurch at makapasyal. Pero gustong gusto ko na talaga makapunta. One day nasabi ko yon sa kaibigan ko na Christian. Nabanggit nya na makiusap ako sa amo ko na payagan akong magchurch kahit na half day lang ako. 

Nahihiya at natatakot ako kasi akong makiusap dahil bago pa lang ako, pero dahil sa pagpi-pray,lakas ng loob at tiwala ko sa Lord. kaya ko palang magawa yun. Nakiusap ako at determindo na subukan, wala naman masama sa sumubok, basta nasa tama ka. Ipinakita ko rin na mapapagkatiwalaan ako lalo na sa business nya. Nakita ko na may pabor pala ako kay Lord pag Siya ang  inuna. From that time, pinayagan akong magchurch at nagkaroon din ako ng time to meet new friends sa church. Now, I’m really happy. :)      
~Grace


As a believer it’s quite hard to be involved in a certain group of people that really differs on your beliefs, faith and way of life. Am I right? Kasi may mga instances na di ka nila nauunawaan at mag i-end sa kanila na weirdo ka! Anyway, I’m working in an Advertising Company, more on Printing Ads. I’m part of the Sales team, I work there as a coordinator unfortunately it’s not really my forte so I have to work it out.

Bago lng ako dito, same thing bago lang din sakin ang ganitong environment. At first, Yes! Sobrang hirap at grabe ang struggle ko but by God’s grace nakakaadjust naman ako! Thank you Lord

One time, no, actually every time out of many projects it always came to the point that everybody was out of their control iba’t ibang mood at spirits ang nag ra-raise. Galit, inis, badtrip, tension, pressure maging yung mga pananalita nila iba na din, the reason? May mga palpak kasing projects, at yung tipong deadline na, pero di pa din tapos! Laging ganun. Nung una okay lang na ibaling nila sakin yung galit at inis nila, naiintidihan ko sila! 

Pero kahit pala believer ka darating ka din talaga sa point na sagad ka na din at papatulan mo na sila. May mga time na sumasagot na ako sa kanila pero in a nice way naman parang nag ju-justify ganun. Eh kasi alam mong tama naman! At may mga time na nag ma-make face at sumisimangot na ako! Amazing right? HAHAHAHA Halaaaa, ano to? Diko na din ma-control sarili ko? O baka naman nagiging katulad ko na sila (mga kaworkmate ko)?

One time while I’m praying bigla tong pinaalala sakin ni Lord, and from that time ini-valuate ko sarili ko. Oo nga mali! God makes me realize na dapat sa mga ganung sitwasyon maging sensitive ako at maging blessing sa iba. Di yung kung anung mood nila ganun na din ako. Haaay! Mali talaga eh.

Pero dahil sa pag tutuwid ni Lord, until now talagang inayos ko na pakiki-tungo sa kanila. Praise God kasi my mga tao naman talagang nakakakita ng kaibahan ng isang katulad nating totoong mananampalataya! From that time, they appreciate my worth. Working without any complain, and taking all things into positive way. Amen! To God be all the glory!!! 
~Maricar


Romans 5:3-4 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance; character; and character, hope.


Sunday-Monday off, although 9 hours ako pag weekdays, yung tipong ako lang ang may ganung sched. Kakaiba. Basta wag lang daw ako mag-resign. And I called it God's favor dahil Importante din sa akin ang makadalo ng Deliverance/Prayer sa church every Monday morning. Kaso after 3 months, isang araw, the very owner of the company questioned my schedule. Wala daw sya inaprobahan na ganun. Back to original sched daw ako, pasok ng Monday to Saturday. 

Parang na amnesia si Sir. Wala ako magawa kasi hindi naman pala documented yun kaya wala ako panlaban. Gusto ko na magresign nung time na yun, as in agad-agad. I want to leave the company. Gusto ko ng iwan ang mga walang isang salita. Kaso ang problema, walang confirmation from the Lord. I need to stay and as a disciple I showed all the more one of the fruit of the Holy Spirit - self-control. Wag padalos-dalos sa emosyon, ika nga. At kahit mahirap kailangan ko pa din ipakita ang paggalang ko sa aking boss kahit nakakapagtampo sila. Months passed at naka-moved on na din. 

Napatawad ko na din sila Sir. Thanks be to God. His grace is sufficient for me. Tumagal pa po ako ng isang taon after nangyari yun. And I will stay as long as the Lord wants me to stay. J
~Betchay


Dito sa current job ko as teacher to Koreans we are not allowed to talk about our faith or to encourage our students to believe in God, kasi some Koreans are buddhist and yung iba atheist. But that doesn't stop me from telling them about the existence of God. I had one student before hindi talaga sya naniniwala kay God, despite my explanations, theory of evolution pa rin ang pinaniniwalaan nya. 

Then, I had an idea, I showed him the video about "A letter from hell". After watching it sabi agad nya, "Teacher, what about my grandmother- she doesn't believe in God…my parents too don't believe in God". Suddenly, may conviction agad sa kanya, the next day he told me that he prayed that night. I also had a 19-year old Chinese student before his name is Michael after a year of studying online he had to stop and go to US. On our last Skype class I prayed for him, after praying he said "This is the first time that somebody prayed for me. Thank you. Our job should not stop us from witnessing, actually sa workplace ang totoong battleground but our enemies are not our co-workers, students or classmates, our real enemy is satan and we have to snatch the people around us out of Satan's claw.

Let's shed light wherever we are. Go go go Light Bearers! :)
~Dorie

Do you also have a winning story? Or are your fights still on going?
Bear in mind that you are working for God and not for men! 

No comments:

Post a Comment